Saturday, November 26, 2005

A smiling face

Yesterday I stopped off at an Indian restaurant and ordered some vegetable korma... yummm very tasty ... I was so hungry that I asked the lady if she could bring me some extra sauce ... she said yes but with a befuddled look in her eye... the kind of look you get when you are foreigner in another country ordering food that you don't know much about.

So she brings my a heaping dish of vegetable Korma ... rice and naan bread... Lovely I think.... this is lots of food...

Two minutes later she shows up with another dish full of yummy creamy korma sauce and vegetable goodies floating in it... I look at her confused ... I said I only ordered one dish ... she looks at me equally confused and says to me ... this is the extra sauce that you ordered ... hummmm™ I say ... alright.

But of course my eyes were bigger than my appetite... so I asked for a to go container... paid the bill and headed home...

As I get off the highway I notice a homeless person with a sign and a very sad look on his face... I think to myself - Here is a moment in life when you can think and do something ... not that big of a thing to do ... but still it is the act of acting spontaneously that makes all the difference in life... So I reached into the back seat grabbed the bag with the goods and asked him if he was hungry and he nodded affirmatively ... gave him the food and off I went...

Today I got off that same highway and as I drove past him he had the most amazing smile... it made my day... all because someone was just really generous ... and someone asked for something more...

Things like this never cease to amaze me.

As the saying goes ... never postpone joy...

Ciao everyone.

No comments: