Monday, April 24, 2006

The rose garden, the ducks and life

Well this year I managed to go and help out at our local rose garden... and I must say I was happy to participate in a community type event... and now everytime I go for walks there it seems like it has been touched by some sort of magic...

But really what I tihnk we did was to help clean up the place for the 2 ducks who live there... last year I also noticed them... wow they just seem to come back in the spring... they seem so at peace in the rose garden... They are what make my visits there all that much more ...

Then again aren't we all looking for that much more in all that we experience in life ... a friend of mine asked me today how I felt and rather than say - fine... I said exactly how I felt ... I was nice to be present and know how I was feelling and move from there ... life is too short!

I am feeling very grateful for all that has happened in my life thus far - even if it has been sometimes painful to learn some of the lessons I have had to learn ... it has nonetheless been amazing to see where I am with my life... And what lies ahead...

I just felt like posting tonight ... I am always amazed at when you put yourself out there - like this - someone comes along and maybe a word or two will touch them... and in a sense I have smiled at them as strangers passing by.

Thanks for reading - take time to smell the roses - life is so very short.

me

No comments: